Friday, June 15, 2012

GQ UK: Robert Pattinson Worst Pickup Line and Girls Screaming Like Stones In London

GQ.com: Over the years you've appeared in London as everything from a tabloid sensation to a red carpet celebrity. What was your earliest memory of the city? David Cronenberg: The city has been a constant in my life really since the mid Sixties. I saw the Rolling Stones at the London Palladium in 1965, as well as the Unit 4 + 2 and the Moody Blues. The Stones were fantastic - "Satisfaction" was their big hit at the time and it was great when they started to unleash it on the fans. It was funny being in Portugal with Rob because we had a red carpet that went on for about a solid kilometre straight, lined by literally a thousand girls screaming. It reminded me of the Stones in London. ======================================================================= What’s been your worst date? I never really dated. The thing is I’ve been married for about 37 years and it’s kind of a strange thing because I’ve never done this tradition of dating and pick-up lines. Somebody in Berlin said, “What’s the worst pickup line you’ve ever heard?” I said, “I’ve never given one, at least not consciously”. Rob said his answer for that is “I would look good in your clothes”. I thought that was a pretty good one. Click HERE to read the rest of what David Cronenberg had to say.

0 comments: